Wednesday, November 5, 2014

I Am Quilting again...

Its been a while since I last posted and I was recently asked about my last post regarding my health since my Strokes.  So here's an update....

I am very glad to be able to say that the doctors never found anything to which they could attribute my Strokes.  Why I had them is still a mystery but I have since been declared perfectly healthy and I have been taken off of all the precautionary medications I was taking.

However, before i was taken off of those meds one of those medications caused a brief but rather frightening episode this summer.  I was taking Lipitor and it caused me to experience Rhabdomyolysis which is a severe breakdown of muscle tissue.

I wound up spending a day in the hospital as Rhabdomyolysis often leads to kidney failure.  A normal CPK level (the indicator that concerned the doctors) is between 0 and 1.  I was at 3,480!  The doctor told me he had never seen a level so high without severe kidney damage.  One week later I was back to "normal" with no kidney damage.

On another note, I earned my Master's Degree and I now have time to quilt again... So watch for more quilting posts soon, as I just started a new project and I have decided to do Bonnie Hunter's Mystery Quilt this year.

Until His work in me is complete...
Paul
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading your comments and welcome feedback of every kind. I read and try to respond to every comment.

Unfortunately, there are yahoos out there who make it cumbersome to allow anonymous comments. Every time I have tried to open up my blog to anonymous comments I get SPAM entries and once it starts, I start receiving 1 or 2 per hour within only a few days.

So, if you want to comment, please use Google ID or OpenID, or WindowsID, all are free.... OR send me an email and I will post your comment myself.

Thanks for leaving a comment!!
Paul